Astral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Astral

Naga Server Guild

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dungeon Party

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dungeon Party Empty
PostSubject: Dungeon Party   Dungeon Party Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Dungeon Party
Here is an excellent Dungeon party guide by Mykidr1:
If you have reached level 25, preferably level 30, then you are ready to join a dungeon party. A dungeon party is where a group of people in 9 level range get together and fight mobs (monsters) in a dungeon. Dungeon monsters are harder to kill than normal mobs. This is to compensate for the increased experience you get from them. The lowest level dungeon is DMR 1 (Dungeon Moonlight Remains). This is North West of Horizon (past the Salt Mines and then go north until you get to the gray bridge. Turn and go north once you cross the gray bridge and you should see it.)
To start a party:
1. Push ALT+T and click the Organize a Party button under the Community Section.
2. Name your party and preferably put Item Distribution on Random.
3. Invite people by typing "/pinvite PLAYERNAME"
4. If you get enough people to join, start fighting.
Following is a great post by Mykidsr1. I did NOT write this. It is a QUOTED post.
Original is available at: http://rappelz-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=552063
"O.K. I know there is one of these out there already but wanted to reiterate the importance of structure to a DP. I have been in a ton of DP's both good and bad. The Bad dp's always happen because of the lack of structure.

Here is just my opinion on a DP and hope people can add and or correct me if I am wrong. I am just going to try and point out the basics of a DP for all NOOBS out there.

1) Have a game plan. Know where you are planning on going and get there as a GROUP. If you do not stick together (and are new) you will most likly die as well as cause some of your party mates death as they have to come back and resurect you.

2) After running through the Dungeon it is enevitable that you will have a nice little train of Mobs following you. LOG. Once you log the creatures that were following you will return to their original spot and not kill your ENTIRE party.

3) A DP starts with the Healers. If they die YOU die. Get it. So the object is to keep all add's off of the healers so that they can manage to stay alive and heal. Another note as far as healers go. LISTEN TO THEM. If they say you are pulling too fast slow down so their mana can regen. If they say they need a break give them on or everyone can use mana scrolls on them. Healer with no mana = death. Healers you do not always have to use a full Heal spell to heal people kills your mana. Have a couple of variations of you heal spell that you can cast. When I am healing I will spam lvl 1 or 2 a lot more than anything else. Also when you are not healing sit. Recovers mana a lot quicker than if you are standing. So cast your spells and then sit.

4) Designate a puller. Once this person is designated that is their job in the party. Their job is to make sure that the party continues to kill at a good pace. Once the puller pulls add's the rest of the party needs to pull the add's from the puller so that he can continue pulling with out getting attacked. Also the Puller needs to listen to the healers. If they are pulling too fast the party will eventually die because there will be no one left to heal.

5) USE CHIPS.....If you are not chipping add's then you are wasting valuable time and mana from the healers. Object is to kill as quick as possible. Dont show up to a party with out Chips. That would be like a healer showing up with out and potions/scrolls.

6) Stay in a group. Believe it or not even after you try and have a little bit of structure to a party you will still end up with that one person that does not listen and follows the puller. Guess what you will end up pulling add's as well and then your party will get stuck trying to kill too many add's at once and or dead. A lot of times playing a healer the person that does not follow the game play will be either booted from the party and or left to die. So dont make the healers mad. Stay in a group and kill together..

Well this is just a start so that people can add to it.

summary
1) Game Plan.
2) Know when to Log
3) Keep the Healers alive and full of Mana
4) Designate a Puller
5) Chip add's
6) Kill as a group.

Again this is just basic tips to get NOOBS started and I am at work so I can not get too detailed. However these are a few major things I have noticed when I play with my alt char and try to DP with lower level char.

Please feel free to correct and or add to the list if I have missed anything that is important for a beginner in a DP.

Have Fun,

Duece lvl 65 Priest Salamander.
Urmama lvl 40 Breeder Salamander
As well as a few others
©️2008 by Pluberus and Adeodatis
Back to top Go down
rion

rion

Dungeon Party Empty
PostSubject: Aggro-link   Dungeon Party Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:13 pm

I just want to add something I picked up from another post online somewhere that a surprising amount of people miss. Make an effort in each dungeon/room to know which mobs are aggro-linked to another one. It can get a little complicated. GENERALLY if there are multiple variations of the same mob in one room, one (or more) will be linked to the others. Although this is a PITA, it can be beneficial to know which is at the top of the aggro tree (as I like to think of it) because the tank can attack that one, and as long as the tank/high-pet keeps aggro on that one, a healer can even get some small heals off in the presence of un-targeted mobs.

Example:
Mobs A, B, C in one room, B and C can be pulled individually, but pulling A brings both B and C. If all 3 are pulled, 2 scenario's follow.

#1. Tank attacks B or C, but needs a heal. In this situation, if the healer heals, mob A will attack the healer, because heals are AOE aggro generators.

#2. Tank attacks A, and needs a heal. In this situation, as long as the healer doesn't out aggro the tank on mob A, mobs B and C will leave him/her alone and stay on whoever has aggro on mob A.

This is especially critical information to know if you are in a mid-level dp with a r6-7 pet doing the tanking. I've seen too many party slaughters because the person controlling the pet didn't know which mob to attack to keep/regain aggro, or the dd's not paying attention and attacking a secondary target that happened to be at the top of an aggro chain.
Back to top Go down
rion

rion

Dungeon Party Empty
PostSubject: AOE buffing   Dungeon Party Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Just a few notes on the new AOE buffs for the players who don't know it already. The new AOE buffs for clerics generate aggro. I don't recall if the old ones did, but I know the new ones do. I haven't been able to find out how the aggro for these is calculated, but bear in mind that the aggro generated by Healing and Rapid Healing is 200% of the MP used; and for some other skills it is 100% of MP used. To cast all 6 buffs at lvl 10 with no cards, the cleric uses 2680 mp. That is a significant amount of aggro. It has the potential (and has at times for me) to take aggro against mobs that were previously aggroed by the tank.

If in doubt, I'll throw1-2 buffs, then wait 15 seconds or so and throw the next 2, etc until i'm done, but that is what works best for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dungeon Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Party   Dungeon Party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Party
Page 1 of 1